Just back from New York with a couple of nights at the Surrey! I have to say I found a better deal directly on their website rather than purchasing the LL package. Lovely hotel- very welcoming staff. I received an email survey before my stay--they definitely tried their best to accommodate my requests! The location literally a block from the Met and Central Park was the best part. I can't say enough nice things about the staff--they were so warm an d welcoming I couldn't believe I was in New York! I was not in the best spirits from an early morning flight and I literally felt they just took me under their wing on arrival.

There were a couple of very minor hiccups--so minor I won't even detail them here unless someone really wants the info. The hotel is lovely--recently redesigned I believe in whites and grays and browns. Much more spacious than I expected, especially the bath, which had nice Art Deco touches. No bathtub, but I actually preferred the shower. I did get an upper floor, which I think is necessary because of the street noise. My absolute favorite thing about the hotel was the bed. It was probably the most comfortable bed I've ever been in. My second favorite thing was coming back from a cold afternoon walking around NY and ordering room service. The food from Cafe Boulud was amazing. I had some sort of herbed fettuccine combo that I would never have thought would be a good combination but it was one of the best meals I've ever had.

Anyway, lots of superlatives here--a very reliable hotel for someone going to NY.