My husband and I stayed there in April 2009. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. First, they have one of the prettiest golf courses and highest rated golf courses in South Africa. But more importantly, accomodations are very nice and the restaurant on the property, Catharina's is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at in my life. The food was outstanding. We had just been on safari at Mateya Safari Lodge in Madikwe Game Preserve and thought our experience with the animals was over. But no, in the restaurant we were served Warthog Carpacchio, Kudu Loin, and Springbok Loin. It was unreal. We also went to a wine tasting at the Winery and learned a lot about South African Wine. The bestpartthoughwas getting to taste the different Steenberg wines!

It was an easy, enjoyable drive from Steenberg to the Cape of Good Hope and surrounding areas. We had lots of fun going out and exploring the area. Steenberg Hotel & Winery are in the Constantia Wine area. It was nice to be close to Cape Town and not be in the hustle and bustle area of the city. I recommend a stay at Steenberg to anyone but if you don't stay there, at least go and eat at Catharina's!