04-12-2011, 05:49 PM- Ω -
- Join Date
- Dec 2006
- South Florida
- Blog Entries
"Amor Vincit Omnia"
04-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Thanks excited to be here!!!
04-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Hi omegaet! Yes just posted my interview with the Oberoi and will be putting up several posts throughout the next few weeks! It was amazing and I highly suggest it to everyone! the first blog post is up at
Luxury Link... more to come feel free to shoot me with any questions!
04-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks thrilled to be here!
04-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Posted my first blog post with the Oberoi Luxury Link - and I will feature each of the properties in the coming weeks. The Oberoi is amazing - they have set the standard of Luxury travel for India. I also really enjoyed my stay at the Leela Palace - also an Indian Luxury Hotel partner on our site. Both were truly amazing a couple tips I learned about traveling within India:
1. Use the hotel for in-country travel: Travel between hotel destinations can be tricky to book - I would suggest using the Oberoi central reservation and concierge to book your "in-country" airfare. My husband and I booked all our in-country flights online from the states, but it was not that easy...Airlines we took: Kingfisher airlines (a domestic Indian airline) and Indigo - Kingfisher offers more legroom. Most flights do not offer business or first class for domestic travel.
2. Don't miss Udaipur! Udaipur is an amazing city and it's on the list for the Oberoi packages. The Oberoi property in Udaipur is one of the best in the world. This year Lake Pichola was full (thanks to the Monsoon season) - it makes for a breathtaking view. Rent the James Bond 007 Octopussy film from 1980's it is shot in Udaipur and it is the talk of the town still! Even better my husband and I rented while we stayed at the hotel, which made it fun to see so much of the city included in the film. Also if you are really adventurous try a local camel ride! They are great!
3. Fly or Drive: My husband and I had a hard time navigating the trains - if you are traveling from Delhi to Agra - I would suggest having one the Oberoi cars take you there - it is a 3.5 hour drive between cities.
4. Don't miss the Italian restaurant Travetino at the New Delhi Oberoi- you will have plenty of Indian food along your trip - and this amazing venue has some pasta that is to die for!
5. Book your excursions with the Oberoi: They were great at helping my husband and I have a seamless trip. Our Taj Mahal trip was amazing thanks to the Oberoi's guide and driver which gave us a private tour and helped us navigate the crazy streets of India.
Just a precaution - and maybe most of you are more traveled than I - but the driving in India is crazy! It makes Los Angeles freeways look like a country road. The drivers for the Oberoi or Leela are amazing, but be ready for some crazy cab drivers...P.S Never take a cab...we did that once and decided hotel cars are the only way to go...apparently you can drive on the wrong side of the street and go through a red light... I will post more...and feel free to ask me anything or email directly at [email protected]!
04-19-2011, 07:16 PM
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
Just a precaution - and maybe most of you are more traveled than I - but the driving in India is crazy! It makes Los Angeles freeways look like a country road. The drivers for the Oberoi or Leela are amazing, but be ready for some crazy cab drivers...P.S Never take a cab...we did that once and decided hotel cars are the only way to go...apparently you can drive on the wrong side of the street and go through a red light.
Hi Alia- Look forward to reading your reports, but unless we win a major lottery, staying at the Oberoi group is out of our checkbook. But curious to know of your journey.
Regarding Indian traffic - I posted this earlier in the Asia area, but a friend taught in India last year under a Fulbright grant. His daily commute (mostly on a small bus) was the most harrowing part of his day. He took a short video and showed us - unbelievable! He said every evening upon getting back from school, he would lean against the inside of the apt door, collect himself, and thank the gods of India that he made it in one piece!
04-20-2011, 10:36 AM
- Join Date
- May 2011
08-04-2011, 11:14 PM
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
Hello there. I am racheL adam, and I'm a article author of life, love, wishes and mystifications. I am completely captivated by the human mind, the way it operates and why. I can be the first one to admit that there's still a great deal to learn, so much to comprehend in this thing we call daily life. A single mind cannot develop without having the power of other minds. We are whatever we are today as a result of the people within our past. Their own achievements, as well as failures, has tremendously added to our drive and modern intelligence. This is the key reason why I love writing a great deal, because it enables me to express my knowledge and encounters with others in expectations to fill in the gap of uncertainness in some manner.
Last edited by racheladam; 08-04-2011 at 11:19 PM.