Intimate without being officious, every member of the St. Regis staff I encountered anticipated and then answered my needs with courtesy, kindness and impeccable style. Within steps of having the door to my room opened, my personal butler(butler-ess? a lovely young lady with an international background), approached with a tray of giant chocolate covered strawberries to add to my welcome.

An early-morning appointment was quickly pushed back an houras I looked upon a bed designed for royalty. My suit was taken for a steam (guests received complimentary two piece-pressing upon check-in), the wide plasma screen tv glided effortlessly from the foot of the bed and was adjusted to my preference; even the choice oftoiletries in the marble-decked bathroom were reflective of the 'best of brand' experience associated with the St. Regis name.

The food was superb, both in the famed Astor Court andfrom the late, late night room-service, and the following morning, newspapers hung from the door knob rather than lying on the hallway floor. Coffee was freshly brewed and delivered in petite caraffes precisely when ordered, complimenting the original and delicately-designed floral pattern of the hotel's china.

We understand that guests can now own their own piece ofthis historical property at '5th and 55th',accented by this impeccable, personalservice and wealth of resources. If you've not had the opportunity to 'taste' the style and elegance of the St. Regis, it should bea destinationbyitself, all other buisness or pleasure aside.