Dear LL

My own favourite location in Rome, as a resident, is the Piazza della Rotonda the square where the Pantheon, the most perfect building in the world is located. The Pan-theon is the shrine (a church since AD 609) dedicated to all the gods, and this squat but stable structure stands as the most divine symbol of the Roman Empire.

The Pantheon was built in 27 Ad by Agrippa. Its history is fascinating, fiddled with by Bernini (whose appallingly tasteless add ons were removed -- Bernini, agenius, should not have meddled with perfection!)

In that little perfect square is the Albergo della Senato, likely a 4*. Its a wonderful hotel, with divine rooms, many with views on the Pantheon, and a private (guests only) roof top terrace, that looks 'down on the roof' of the Pantheon.

I cannot imagine a more spectacular place to stay in Rome. I know that the hotel management, when I tried to book every available room for a business event 'resisted' until they were certain that regular guests (perhaps folks who visit for anniversaries, real regular clients are considered family here) had declined.

The hotel management take their clients seriously. I have personally found their rooms well appointed, and know that this is the heart of Imperial Rome. Please contact them to participate as an LL property.

www.albergodellasenato.it

its a lovely 4* hotel, in the core of real imperial rome. the location could not be more ideal, and the hotel is charming.

regards