What do you expect from a luxury property?
There have been many stories about all of the airline fees and I have started to notice that hotels are getting in on the act and charging fees for things that used to be included. I am curious what you all expect to be included when you stay in a luxury hotel (rooms that are $300+/night - don't include all inclusive properties since they are reallya separate category).
I know I expect/want the following:
1. breakfast - either full or continental - if the Best Westerns, etc. can include with the room so can the luxury ones and many do not
2. in room refrigerator, coffee/tea maker and supplies, free water if the local water is not drinkable
3. an end to overcharging for things like airport transfers (if even offered) - I have stayed in some luxury properties that charge outrageous rates for airport transfers and it isn't even a private transfer - if you are paying even higher than $300/night the transfer should be included in my opinion
4. outrageous mini bar restock fees - it is one thing to charge you for the items you use but to charge a restocking fee on top of the high price for the item is ridiculous
5. customer service - I can't believe how many luxury places I have stayed where the folks are rude - just becuase you charge a fortune does not mean you have to "cop an attitude"
Feel free to add on to the list.
Speaking of high rack rates - have you seen the new cost for staying at the Machu Pichu Sanctuary Lodge - $1000 a night now!