My husband & I won an auction which was a trip to Peru using all Orient Express facilities. This was one of the best trips of our lives. We stayed in the Miraflores in Lima - a very beautiful hotel! 5 stars all the way. We were picked up at the airport when we arrived and driven to the Miraflores - our suite was beautiful - fresh fruit and champagne in our room. the room itself was unbelievable - very comfortable beds, huge bathroom - all marble - jacuzzi tub, in room sauna, a shower stall big enough to fit 10 people. Meals were included and the food was excellent. After 2 days in LIma we went on to Cuzco and stayed at the Monasterio - what a wonderful place! It is a converted 16th century monastery and filled with beautiful antiques. The staff is great - we were supposed to go to Machu Picchu the next day and stay overnight in the MPicchu hotel - the only hotel right at the site. However, there was a train strike and we could not go. The staff did everything possible and managed to get us on a train the following day - so at least we had 1 day to see Machu Picchu. Since we lost the night at the site, Orinet Express refunded some of our money and gave us many free meals - they could not have been nicer and more accomadating. We wanted to go to the Amazon, so they arranged a 4 night trip for us - we stayed at a wonderful jungle lodge and saw the giant river otters. At the end of this part of the trip - all flights were delayed going back to LIma - we were supposed to leave that night for the states - we finally got on a flight and the Orient Express folks picked us up at the airport in a limo - sped us back to the Miraflores in Lima so we could shower and change and got us back to the airport in time for our flight - I would highly recommend Peru as a destination and definitly the folks at Orient Express - if you see this up for auction - bid!!!

Denise Danner