We have no use whatsoever for the LL concierge. If given the choice I'd rather deal with the property directly. I can think of several occasions where we would have purchased an auction at the last minute but not done so because the 1-2 day delay introduced by having to go thru a concierge makes it a no go.
tomdav, I enjoy reading your postings. However, I'm not certain I understand exactly what you mean when you indicate you would rather deal with the property directly, if given the choice.
I believe the auction system is almost totally automated and you have limited to no contact with a concierge by placing the winning bid, other than specifying your choice of arrival dates, which are most of the time confirmed and passed back to you. I don't know of any other way the accounting could work for Luxury Link, if the requests were not passed through their system.
I have never figured out the money/credit system works between Luxury Link and their hotel clients, but certainly there needs to be accountability.
I have booked several short notice auction, simply be contacting the hotel the day of or the day before the closing and confirmed they had space available. One I placed the winning bid and it was accepted, I contact the hotel directly. Never had a problem.
Am I missing your point? Would you care to share more information or offer some suggestions which might better suit your needs?
I don't quite understand your problem and reasoning. Can you expand on it further?
Do you really want to go visit a property the next day you win the auction? The choice is yours to pick the dates. If you really want to go the next day, it can probably be arranged with the help of the LL Concierge. To me, I find it great to have secured an auction at a great price and then pick and chose my dates in the future, after I have researched more thoroughly, the area, what I want to see, etc.
I like having the option to call concierge services to confirm details and ask questions. It's definitely important to my decision making as to whether to bid or not.