No, no and no...

The hotel is a member of "The leading hotels of the world" (LHW), I really don't understsand how they have managed to get into that "club". The whole stay, from beginning to end was a disaster (not a REAL disaster, but for a 5* to be).

Some days before I arrived I wrote an e-mail to the hotel, to confirm my booking and to confirm a late arrival. I never got an answer!

When I arrived I REALLY had to go to the barhroom and asked the receptionist to go there before checking in. She told me where it was and 1. asked for my name and my credit card (WHY, I has asked her for doing the check in AFTER I had been to the bathroom!). 2. didn't asked me to keep my luggage or helped me.

After checking in I got my key-card and she asked me if I needed help with my luggage. I said I was fine and had to ask her for the elevator. I would expect, at a 5* hotel, she would have told me when giving my key-card.

The room was nice, not fantastic, but nice. The toiletries was Molton Brown and the most luxurious with my room. There were no bathrobe and no slippers.

I waited for my turn-down service, but it was never done. It seamed like I had to place a card at my door, to get the service! I did so the day after, and they did my bed, but no chocolate....

The breakfast was a strange experince... When arriving to the breakfast-room they asked for my room-number. After that I just stood there. I was waiting to be followed to a table, they were too bussy with talking to each other. I then headed for a table myself. I was suprised to see there were REAL egg, not that runny powder substitute. But that was the only nice thing with the breakfast. The egg and bacon was cold and the cold food looked like it had been laying there too long. They did not offer other coffees than filter coffee from a very ugly coffee can (the can's from the coffe machine). I always like to have a glass of water for breakfast, there were no bottled water, no water at all....

The maids changed the towels and replaced the toiletries, but I think that was all. Even the bin was not emptied the first day, and it was so full I had to place rubbish at the floor, beside the bin. They emptied it at the turn-down service.

The bell-man WAS there, but I never had any contact with him and he never seamed to bother, neither did the receptionist. They never said good morning or never had eye-contact with me as I would expect from a 5*. When checking out they never asked me to keep my luggage although I was standing in the reception for a long time as I was waiting for a friend.

Hotel Continental is supposed to be the most luxurious hotel in Norway. If it is, I am NOT proud of being a Norwegian....