Interesting experience while possibly choosing an LL location
I am trying to check availability for two properties in Greece prior to bidding on the auction. The LL Team (SONYA!) has been wonderful checking availability and checking a few questions that I have. The one property already looks booked for spring 2012!! Sonya and I both received this notice. I emailed the owner explaining our timing and she said she is working on other options?? (I had asked about other room type possibilities.) This is interesting to me. I am not sure if something is lost in translation or I will actually be able to visit. Anyone else have an experience like this?
ps-I haven't bid on the property yet...wanted to make sure the dates would work....
Sounds like a wise idea on holding off on the bidding until you can be sure there is availability. We ran into a problem once where we had confirmation for a Fall visit for a LL package hotel in Grindlewald, Switzerland, and then the hotel got back to us and said they were going to close early because they wanted to start construction early because of heating problems in the hotel. They gave us an early Spring date which we could not make since we were in the States, but the hotel held our auction agreement until we could make it back over to Europe, which was a year later and the dates had long expired.
I have found, all LL properties make an effort to honor their auction agreements with LL and its customers. However, it is best to be sure that there is availability when you want to use your winning bid. Language might be a problem in your case, but if you spoke to the owner I am sure she will come up with something that will work for both of you. Let us know how you make out in the end.
Last edited by LL_Travelfan; 10-08-2011 at 06:10 AM.
Well...the property got back with a solution!! Isn't that great. We were very impressed with the property. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) we booked another property on another island with LL so the dates won't work. I did suggest some other ideas so will wait to see. This is very exciting and I am impressed that the property really wants to have us as guests!!
I always check with the hotel about the dates I want to go before bidding on the LL auction - never had any problems with the dates and when they tell me they are available, I always tell them I will bid on the LL package and they always seem to like the fact that their deals on LL are getting viewed and bid on.
I was looking at some for Greece also - should get some really good bargains there
No good bargains so far. I have the international air and Rhodes booked. Still working on Crete/Santorini. No great deals yet. We are being very creative for Crete if the LL property doesn't work out. We have found one extremely off the beaten path! Looks ideal! It is always fun planning! Glad I got the air......