I wonder if anyone can help me? I have seen an auction which ends today(so I've not got much time!) andI am considering putting in a bid, but it is only for 3 nights. I had been advised previously that if I wanted to go for morenights than theauction allowed thenI should purchase multible bids back to back to get the amount of daysI wanted. The auction I am interested in has 5 packages(sorry, cannot think of the correct word), and it is called a "best shot" auction. It states that you get one shot and everyone pays the minimum bid so to give it your best shot. Does that mean that I would only be allowed to purchase just one package which is not really any good to me as I could not go all the way to Costa Rica from the UK just for 3 nights. It would be ok to go for 6 nights soI would need to purchase 2 packages. Hope you understand what I am trying to say here. Can anyone give me advice please asI don't want to put a bid in incaseI win andam only allowed to purchase one package whch would really not be any good for me. Thanks.
I have just gone and checked the auction and it is gone!I am too late.That will teach me not to hang around next time. I wondered if anyone could still answer my previous post incase the same thing happens.I am just not sure what it all means with the "best shot auctions"? Can I or can I not purchase more than one package with this type of auction? Thank you.
Here are the official LL rules for the Best Shot auctions. Whenever you have a question like this, go to "Buy now" Offers link, click on it Main Page and go to "Buy Now" Offers Rules and Frequently asked questions. Here is the answer to your question"
BEST SHOT AUCTIONSTM
1. The Best Shot AuctionTM allows you to set the price you are willing to pay for the travel package. You may submit just one bid for these auction items, so be sure to take your "Best Shot"! Your price may range anywhere between the retail value and the minimum selling price. [ Each Best Shot AuctionTM states the number of units available, the retail value, the minimum starting price, and the closing time of the auction. ]
2. All winning bidders will pay the same price, which is the lowest successful bid. This price may be equal or LESS than your Best Shot bid but never more.
Example: 10 Units available. Retail value of each unit is $2000; minimum selling price is $1000. At the end of the auction period, 30 "Best Shots" have been submitted. The top 10 bids range between $1900 and $1500; all of the top 10 bidders pay $1500.
3. By placing your bid you agree you are able and intend to purchase the item(s) should your bid be among the winning bids. Credit card sales are final. . Please note auction prizes may not be substituted for existing reservations. Auction winners attempting to replace an existing booking with an auction prize may be declined by participating supplier.
4. Each bid submitted will be recorded and date-stamped by the Luxury Link computerized clock at the exact time it was received. In the event of a tie, the bidder submitting the winning bid first will be awarded the item.
5. Unless otherwise specified, each package is priced for two people, double occupancy and does not include airfare.
6. You will be notified by email immediately at the close of the auction, should you be one of the successful bidders. Each bid submitted will be recorded and date-stamped by the Luxury Link computerized clock at the exact time it was received. In the event of a tie, the bidder submitting the winning bid first will be awarded the item. By placing your bid you agree you are able and intend to purchase the item(s) should your bid be among the winning bides. Credit card sales are final.
7. The close date and time of the auction is posted on the auction page. The auction will close at the posted closing time. Luxury Link reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to close an auction early, or extend the close date or time in the event of technical difficulties. The winning bidders will be notified by email immediately after close of auction, and will be contacted by Luxury Link via telephone within 24 hours (or one business day).
8. A Luxury Link representative will finalize contact details and give you further instructions on confirming your travel arrangements.
Hi mary-j. As with most questions of this sort, LL would have the accurate answer. I have purchased a package of the type you've described - it was a Best Shot, with 5 packages. There were 5 separate winners of the package, so I imagine you would not be able to purchase 2 of the 5 with your one bid. Now, it's possible that you would see the same package again, as is often the case when one auction ends and the same package is available again. For Costa Rica, there are a number of really interesting properties. You could buy 2 packages at different placesto make up the total number of days you'd like to spend there. That way you could see more than one area. Just another thought, one that I'm also considering! Good luck!
hi,I had not really thought about picking two diferent auctions from the same place, at least that way as you say i would get to experience the two properties. It is good too that asI cannot make my mind up which properties to choose, at least that way i can kill two bird's with one stone. I would needtomake sure that they were not too far away from each other though. Thanks for the tip.
Hi mary-j! In general, I agree that if you choose two properties you would want them fairly close. For Costa Rica though, I think part of the appeal would be to see different areas, since the wildlife would be different in each. For example, LL has a couple of properties near Manuel Antonio, and others near the Osa Peninsula. You would probably need a short flight between the two. Has anyone who has been to Costa Rica offer some advice in this area? Thanks!
Just thought of something on how to get around to being able to place only one bid. Have your husband sign up with his e-mail with LL. Then when a Best Shot Auction comes along where you can only place one bid, you could enter a second bid under your husband's name/login and you would have your 2 packages, as all bidders pay the lowest price. This would be one way of getting two packages for the same price....
PS: don't forget to rate my earlier post to you... sorry to remind you.....
Travelfan, what a good idea. I cannot see how it wouldn't work as we both have different e-mail addresses. Do you think it would be OK as far as the hotel was concerned as they would assumingly have two seperate bookings and all the auctions are already for two people???Mmmm..that might pose a bit of a problem, never thought of that!!
I don't think this should pose a problem. Just make sure you contact the hotel ahead of time to explain you have two packages and would like to use them consecutively. I don't think the hotel would care if one package is in your name and the other in your husband's name. Just be sure you can get the dates you want. Good Luck