Great Opportunity To Save Money
If you frequently use Marriott Hotels for travel, you might look into the purchase of Marriott Travel Cards at 10% to 20% face value discount Monday, April 11, 2011 at DiscoverAmerica.com. The sale begins at 12 noon ET.
• $50 Marriott Travel Card for $44. (Maximum purchase = 5 cards.)
• $100 Marriott TravelCard for $89. (Maximum purchase = 5 cards.)
• $250 Marriott TravelCard for $222. (Maximum purchase = 2 cards.)
• $500 Marriott TravelCard for $445. (Maximum purchase = 2 cards.)
• $1,000 Marriott TravelCard for $890. (Maximum purchase = 1 card.)
• Get an extra 10% off purchase price for payment with any American Express card.
• You can buy up to five $100 cards and up to five $50 cards and so on.
For me, the advantage to Marriott TravelCards over buying Marriott Rewards points is the ability to earn points and and take advantage of promotions when paying for Marriott stays with Marriott TravelCards.
Treat the card like cash, if lost, it will not be replaced. There is no expiration date and the card may be used to pay for any Marriott brand hotels worldwide.
The Daily Getaways are sponsored by American Express and prices are discounted by 10% when using American Express as payment. Of course, if you are registered in the American Express Rewards Program, you are able to accumulate points as a result of using the card
Later this week, you will also have an opportunity to purchase Hyatt Gold Passport points using a Daily Getaway offer, Friday, April 15 – 12 noon.
Hyatt Gold Passport points are available at a significant discount through DiscoverAmerica.com ($9.38/1,000 points with American Express discount at $225 for 24,000 points) compared to the purchase price through Hyatt Gold Passport ($24/1,000 points).